Importance of the Controller of the Solar Street Light
The controller is the core part of the LED solar street light, and the quality of the controller determines the service life of the solar street light directly, especially for the service life of the accumulator.
The controller of the LED solar street light charge the light in three sections. The charge method of the first section is MPPT or PWM, and the second section is constant voltage charging, and the third section is constant voltage floating charge. The intelligent charge & discharge management can prolong the service time of the accumulator and that of the integrated solar street light.
The following aspects should be taken into consideration:
1. The solar street light should have the protective function, such as the overvoltage protection of the accumulator, undervoltage protection, reverse polarity protection of the solar panel, LED output shot circuit protection, and lightning protection.
2. The high charge efficiency can save the solar panel, and the LED constant current driving efficiency can save the quantity of electric of the accumulator, which is energy-saving, environmentally friendly and cost-saving.
3. The LED solar street light must have the function of light control, three-section time control, light adjust and intelligent drive LEDs.
1) Light control: when the solar panel charges the accumulator till the voltage of reach the starting voltage, the LED light will be turned off and the solar panel charges the accumulator again, vice versa.
2) The three-section time control can set the lighting time of the solar street light into three sections, and the three section can be 3 hours, 3 hours and 2 hours. And the total lighting time can be 8 hours. It can also be set to 6 hours.
3) Light adjust: the brightness of the LED light can be set in advance, such as the brightness of the LED can be set to 100% in the first section, 50% in the second section, and 30% in the third section.